PROPERTY MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT
DEPARTMENT: Property Management
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Property Management – Meredith Millender
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
Bridge Commercial oversees the operations of approximately 1 million square feet (and growing) of commercial real estate in the Greater Charleston area. This position not only includes a competitive salary, but it also offers the opportunity to advance your career through the company. Our properties are meticulously maintained and efficiently controlled so that our clients and their tenants receive the best possible service. As a representative of our company, you’ll be responsible for meeting our internal standards.
The Property Management Assistant is responsible for directly supporting the Property Manager(s) responsible for operations and management of the Bridge management portfolio. Duties include optimizing tenant relations, coordinating contractors, assisting with administrative projects, recordkeeping, reporting, etc.
- Assist with administering leases on each project including promptly abstracting new leases, reviewing all tenant billings, preparation of various tracking & recordkeeping reports, enforcing tenant compliance and performing routine audit checks (insurance, supplemental air, etc).
- Anticipate and fulfill tenant requests with option oriented flexible solutions in a courteous, professional, and timely manner, in accordance with company values, spirit and culture to maximize tenant retention and satisfaction. Interpret and enforce lease language when required. Notify tenants of events that create access, service, or noise issues. Field and resolve OR route phone calls from vendors based on the need and appropriate level of complexity.
- Sufficiently communicate, both verbally and written, updates and expectations to both tenants and contractors.
- Assist with various accounting related tasks, as needed.
- Assist with contract RFPs, contract preparation, awarding, and enforcement. Track contractor insurance compliance.
- Maintain complete and accurate property files and records, according to department systems, with an emphasis on documentation for future reference.
- Assist with engaging and contracting and processing of invoices for all goods/services required to maintain the properties up to company and owner standards. Develop a network of emergency services and be available for 24‐hour coverage as required.
- Assist with continually evaluating service needs and performance in all areas of maintenance and management.
- Assist with managing tenant relations and coordinating requests for repairs and maintenance, understanding of rent charges, lease issues and other tenant concerns.
- Liaison with other disciplines/departments within the company to provide a team approach to the management of real estate. Coordinate the activities not directly controlled by the manger but directly related to each property (i.e.: production of sales statements, insurance monitoring, leasing, marketing and promotions, capital improvements, accounting/financial reporting and legal services.)
- Establish and maintain collaborative working relationships between departments, with coworkers and particularly with other members of a project team. Prepare for team meetings, in advance and act as team member for the meeting.
- Keep abreast of new technologies, systems and procedures related to property management.
- Property visits as needed and directed by Property Manager(s).
- Other functions as directed by the Property Manager(s).
Two (2) year associate degree or four (4) years of equivalent work experience
Commercial real estate leasing and management practices (preferred)
Working knowledge of basic software systems
Knowledge of construction/maintenance industry terms
Time management and multi‐tasking
Highly developed sense of urgency
Ability to interact effectively with staff and clients at all levels
Customer service oriented, with the ability to stay calm in high stress situations
Exceptional oral and written communication skills
Self‐motivated and self‐directed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Continuously: Talk, hear and see (normal or corrected)
Frequently: Sit, twist/torso, bend at waist, grasp, walk, stand and manipulate a keyboard
Occasionally: Push/pull, kneel, crouch, climb, crawl, balance and reach overhead
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee is responsible for minimizing accidents and for following established safety policies and procedures during performance of this job.
Continuously: Normal office conditions
Frequently: Shared space with team members
Occasionally: Heat, cold, dust, dirt, flooded areas, burned areas, vapors, odors, fumes, gases, chemicals and slippery surfaces